Tilapia is a wonderful, plentiful, inexpensive, lean fish that bodybuilders should be incorporating into their diets. I like to purchase the fresh-frozen fish, which ends up running around $5/lb. I can thaw the number of filets that I would like for my meal prep easily and keep the remaining portions frozen.
As with most lean meats, the fish is already flavorful as is, but that does not mean that we cannot spice things up a bit to make the fish even more appetizing.
Check out the citrus baked tilapia recipe below for a fresh way to prepare tilapia is a manner perfect for these warms summer days.
Citrus Baked Tilapia Ingredients
Makes 4 Servings
– 1 pound fresh tilapia portions
– 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp. lime zest
– 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
– 1/4 cup orange juice
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
Citrus Baked Tilapia Directions
1. In a bowl, mix olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, orange juice, and salt and pepper.
2. Place tilapia portions into marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight. The longer the better.
3. Remove tilapia from marinade and pat dry with paper towel.
4. Place tilapia into a baking dish and bake 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees F or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Citrus Baked Tilapia Nutritional Facts