Not all fried rice needs to be horrible for you. Take this Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice recipe using brown rice and tasty shrimp. Most bodybuilders will either want to add more protein or utilize this recipe during carb reloads. Also, opt for low sodium choices with your sauces to cut down on the sodium.
Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice Ingredients
– 1.5 c. Uncooked Brown Rice
– 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
– 1.25. lb. Shrimp (shelled, deveined, and chopped )
– 1.5 c. Fresh Pineapple, cut into small chunks
– 5 large Chopped Scallions
– 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
– 1 Fresh Jalepeno or Chili Pepper
– 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
– 1 tsp. Fish Sauce
– Cilantro or Parsley to taste
Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice Directions
– Cook brown rice according to package & set aside.
– Cut pineapple in half & hollow out both halves to make 2 bowls. Cut a piece off of the bottom to create a flat base. Cut the pineapple into small pieces & set aside.
– Heat a Wok on high heat with oil.
– Add shrimp & cook for 1-2 min. Set aside.
– Add the scallions, chili, and garlic to the wok.
– Saute for 1 minute, then add the rice & pineapple.
– Add soy sauce & fish sauce.
– Stir well & cook for 1 min.
– Place in hollowed out pineapple and top with cilantro or parsley.
Macros Per Serving