Bison is a wonderful lean meat packed with flavor and protein without all of the fat you are used to seeing in red meat. While it is not the cheapest ground meat out there, it is well worth the price in terms of lean protein and is worthy of including in your diet every once in a while.
Check out this bison burger recipe loaded with protein and very little carbs. These burgers are made to be eaten with a fork on top of a salad or bed rice. This recipe does not contain macros for bread.
Protein Packed Bison Burgers Ingredients
Makes 4 Servings
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 chopped onion
– 2 egg whites
– 1/4 cup oat bran
– 1/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
– 1 tsp. oregano
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
– 1 lb / 455 g ground bison
Protein Packed Bison Burgers Directions
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Cook the onion along with salt and pepper to taste until soft and golden. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together egg whites, oat bran, sweet potato, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
3. Stir in onions and bison. Mix the ingredients together with clean hands until just combined. Take a handful of the meat and create 4 flat patties.
4. Grill the patties on each side until the burgers reach desired doneness.
Protein Packed Bison Burgers Nutritional Facts
(Per Serving – 1 x 4oz Patty)